PADI Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you’ll expand your diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the the aquatic realm.
The PADI Divemaster course is available via PADI eLearning®. Rescue Diver Online gets you started right away and let’s you learn at your own pace and in your own time. Start Now!
PADI Divemaster Certification
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc. It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster crewpak, which includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Divemaster Application package
There are other required materials that a Divemaster Candidate will need but may have received them during other PADI programs so they have not been included in the Divemaster Crew-Pak. Please ask your PADI Instructor for the full list of required materials that you will need for the program.
You also have the option to take Divemaster Online and purchase the Divemaster eLearning Crew-Pak.
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and SecondaryCare (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.